Monday, July 12, 2010

Getting Married on the Red Carpet...


Hmmm... sounds glamorous right? I only wish. Not for me of course. This title is actually referring to the fact that so many churches are lined with m&m red carpeting!! I don't get it. It doesn't seem particularly celestial or soothing to me. I would say one of one hundred weddings may have something red in their theme, flowers, dresses, etc. Result? Clash! I have looked at so many of my pictures, praying that the bride prefer black and white, so I can banish that hideous red!

Red does not go with sage green, creamy white, royal blue, peach (gasp!)... or many of the other popular wedding colors we see nowadays. Even when I do one of those striking red weddings, it never seems to be the same or even a complimentary shade to that of the faded old jelly bean every where you look. I just hate to see my beautiful brides, gorgeous grooms, fantastic flowers... slightly imposed upon.

I guess I am just curious. I am also perplexed, though I am sure no one smokes in the church, there are also several with the same tobacco yellow walls! Was there a clearance sale at Sherwin Williams? Hmmm... I just thought of the candles. Nah.

Please do not take offense, thinking I am speaking ill of churches near and far. I truly am not. I love church, love the people and the prayer that takes place within them. I guess I just scratch my head. It's the square peg in the round hole; the very red, square peg. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment