Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh, Winter!


I love Winter, really I do....
I love the snow, I love the clothes, I love watching rain and wind out the window... from my warm sofa of course, coffee in hand.

Why is this year different?
I know why.

I have done the picture taking... loved it.
I've watched out the window, I've modeled the cute boots, scarves, gloves and one delicious knit hat that simply had to have a blue peacoat to match!

I'm a mobile girl, I jump up and go, but not this year. Since my daughter was in a car accident, cars scare me a little. My car, your car, the cars on the curb. Ugh! I whine repeatedly on facebook while my friends tell stories of slippery bridges and bald tires. So I stay home. Oh, Winter.

My significant other, lives a town away. Ugh.
He is also sick, from the Winter, so I am too.

Perhaps I could fall in love with Spring.

2 comments:

  1. I'm all about fall.

    And winter is best from one's home. Perhaps one of you needs to move closer to the other... then you could just walk to each other's house!

    Is it snowing where you are? Not here. Just rain once a week or so. Not nearly so pretty, but the chill is nice, just to let me know the season's here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had more snow and lower temperatures than I had ever experienced in my 35 years. Supposed to be 60 next week, but there is also a vicious rumor of an even more severe storm in late Feb or early March. Ugh! I am fickle I guess.

    ReplyDelete