Saturday, July 3, 2010

Meet me in Tulsa...


This week marks a big step in the business, maybe mostly in my head, but that's where everything lives anyway. I have branched out and acquired some advertising in the Urban Tulsa publication. To have the experience, know how, income and excitement of a photographer in a bigger city, I have to be in the bigger cities. This is a first step to that. Let's cross our fingers. I am trying to turn my PDF to JPG so I can show everyone my beautiful ad! :)

On the homefront, I have added to my unfinished projects, "Lived & Lost at the Montgomery County Poor Farm." Borne of one of my cemetery quests, I never even knew our county had a poor farm. Opened over a hundred years ago, almost three of the buildings are still standing, albeit among a mountain of debris and neglect. My heart is breaking of course, due to the Poor Farm Cemetery, hidden beneath the disarray, lost souls, lost stories. So I have moved this project to the forefront, racing against time to discover the stories known only to our community elderly and anyone they have told. A little bird told me that the property may be sold and refurbished, at least cleaned up. Of course I expressed huge interest in fixing up the cemetery, fending it in, signage, etc. It is my intention to create a book for the library & museum, compiling all the data from all sources, so future patrons have it at their fingertips. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite a task (the second part).

    Is your PDF on a billboard? Where is it advertised? Good luck with it! I hope your efforts work out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope... an ad in a magazine. we shall see

    ReplyDelete