Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The 'To Do' List, not just for groceries anymore...


Today I am calling attention and praise to the "To Do" list! I don't mean a few scribbles on a slip of paper, to later be discarded, lost, forgotten. You might be surprised to know that a list of things to do can benefit everyday and every task!

The list itself is more than a reminder! The completed list, with items crossed off, check marks along the side, is a badge of honor; a trophy of your accomplishments! When my day is done and I can reference that list, I know my day was not wasted. I can remind myself what I did and what I may need to do the next day.

Maybe your list will be per week, not day.
Maybe your list is full of fun, spontaneous things; not necessarily errands & tasks.
Maybe once in awhile you have no list and you do nothing. This is much easier to take when you have several lists from days gone by to justify a well deserved free day!

Start today. Using a spiral pad, make your to do list. You may want to date it, or not. At the end of your day, just turn the page, rather than throwing the list away. A fresh page awaits for a fresh day.

Months from now, these aren't just lists. They are a diary of the things you have done; a reminder of when and where things have been accomplished, complete with curious doodles and forgotten phone messages.

Ultimately, a to do list keeps me organized and on track, which means I accomplish more and therefore have more time for myself, my child and a new list, of things, to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment