Monday, June 14, 2010

Coming of Age




These Senior portraits I took of Miss Taylor are special for a couple of reasons.

First, Taylor is actually family and she was witness to a pretty serious car accident with my daughter last fall and all of our family, including my daughter and Taylor, have emerged from the other side, alive and kicking. Taylor's smile is an example of the life we have all gotten back to!

You know, there are countless beautiful and unique settings to take pictures. I have my eye out for them all the time! Taylor's sitting including those types of places, but I really think the best pictures were places that were special to her, places she has come to know, living her life in the same town.

Included in her sitting were some railroad tracks and bridge near her home, an old full sized steam engine train that her grandfather actually use to engineer, the park we all know and love and last but not least, photos actually taken at her family home.

We went all over that day, but I really didn't see until I was back in my office, how at home and happy she seems in those places. Thanks to Taylor and her mom Patti for a fun, albeit hot shoot day! :)

2 comments: