Monday, June 7, 2010

Sixty Three Chapters of Summer


Well I am cautiously motivated, excited, mystified!!! My first novel is seriously put to bed, on the shelf, never to be edited again, I hope. So, my summer is ear marked for completion of three, YES, three more! Not novels, well, not all of them anyway. My cook book, my memoir/biography on my experience with my daughter's car accident and my children's book Creepy Christina, should, could, WILL be done by September 1st!!

Honestly, the children's book is the only one testing me at the moment. The other two I feel are wll within my reach. Sadly, the children's book is done! It's been written for two years, illustrations recently completed by the talented Hanna Marie Copithke, so what's the hold up you ask? Ugh! I've never dealt with illustrations, full page on every page. So the publisher keeps kicking it back, full bleed, zero margins, pixelation.... they're speaking Jackanese to me!! But I power on.

The memoir is all in editing and photo insertion, but I can only handle a few pages before I have to take a break... but again, totally written!

The cookbook is not totally written, but it lives and breathes in my head. I just need to conduct a July August affair with my desk and we'll be ok!

All of this is in hopes of a clean slate in the Fall. Ok, the slate is never clean... with a few other titles rattling around up there, but for the most part! The Senator's Daughters was shelved when the first 911 call came in, but it's back on the burner now and maybe I will plan to have it done before NANOWRIMO 2010. Ah, back to the place where so much has been born. Love it.

Meanwhile my favorite time of the photographic year is upon us. Wheat fields and raindrops, late sunsets and so much light!! I am in heaven!

1 comment:

  1. You sound as ambitious as I... but I am trying to recover from all of the grading, even while more grading whines at me from my book bag.

    I have so much I want to get done this summer. I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete