Thursday, March 4, 2010

In the Selective Corner


I am so sad for Selective Color today. I didn't know until the last couple of days that is was so ill regarded in professional photography circles. Apparently, I have been living in a cave.


I like Selective Color. I know... I am checking the sky for lightning as I type. I agree that it can be over done, done badly and done in ways that are a little too cutesie and just wrong.


I think it's the artist in me...the love of color, the mixer of paints, the collector of swatches. I use color in everything I do. My quilts are compiled of much color consideration. Every room in my house has a theme and a color. Mind you, I love black and white in photography and prefer it for most things. I just love the vague little messages and pause one can cause with Selective Color.


I am in the minority. It's my curse. I shall wear a selected scarlet S on my black and white chest!

No comments:

Post a Comment