Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why I Love Beauty Colleges...


Ok, I will be shamelessly plugging the beauty college I visited today and no, they aren't paying me! lol

Obviously beauty colleges are awesome for the money, you can walk in anytime, etc. But I know, so many people have anxiety about the inexperience, the stylists are still learning and this makes us nervous. Sidebar: Almost EVERY hospital is a teaching hospital, Nurse Practitioners run ERs!! So we trust our bodies and lives with students... just not the HAIR!!! :P

Let me address that first. They have teachers right there! These are full fledged professionals and they stop and grab a teacher to check their work soooo often! The teachers jump in and help, answer questions, answer YOUR questions. They don't just throw them in the pool and go read a magazine.

BUT.. the reason I love beauty colleges.... they still love their work. They are excited about hair, about beauty, they are constantly reading up, learning about new trends, fashions and techniques. They do their own hair and eachother's every other week! They haven't gotten bored, tired, distracted. They are young and excited and it shows!

Xenon in Olathe & Wichita are awesome, cheap, high quality and fun times!! :)

1 comment:

  1. That excitement is fun in every profession. I love teachers who still love their work (some of my best high school teachers were "student" teachers).

    Honestly, we don't emphasize enthusiasm enough. We assume if we've choose a profession (or a mate) we'll automatically be bored and unmotivated a few years later. But it doesn't have to be that way.

    ReplyDelete