Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Something Borrowed...


Wedding Photography
Next to the birth of one's child, most would say your wedding day is the most important day of your life. It certainly should be, considering the preparation and expense that is involved. It is a collection of moments you can never relive, a once in a lifetime day. Isn't this why good photographs are so crucial? I think I have made it clear, how important and treasured pictures are to me, so I'll spare you any more of that. Instead let me tell you what I think about marriage.

I love marriage. I don't mean weddings and rings and honeymoons. I love marriage. I love and respect the idea that in this day and age, we haven't entirely forgotten how important walking through this life, next to someone, really is. I love anniversaries, I love grandchildren and great grandchildren. I love teary-eyed fathers with their bow ties too tight. I love flower girls who walk too fast and drop too few petals. People cry at weddings, because they love it too.

Unfortunately, weddings can become a crazy affair, so I try not to add to that. I try to be easy and flexible, from our first meeting to your last order. I don't want to be part of the horror stories you tell your friends. I do want to be the photographer you call for that first born, the Christmas cards and that 10th anniversary party.

All of my work centers around what I call "custom pricing." Yes, I have package prices in my head, hours of service, etc. But everyone is different. Maybe you only have wall space for 5x7s, maybe you don't need me at the reception, maybe you want all candids and nothing posed! I'd rather build the package that suits your needs, instead of you trying to squeeze them into something pre-made. I will say that my weddings start at about $3200, but nothing is set in stone.

I will not book a wedding without meeting with you at no charge and seeing what your needs are, so I know for sure they will be met.




No comments:

Post a Comment